Primer Spa Shop

15:24


Now, I was in two minds whether to write this post or not as at Christmas I was sent a lovely little parcel from Primer Spa Shop containing a soap bar, moisturiser and little bag of lavender.  As with most beauty products I like to use them a little while before I write a review so I can get a good idea of how well they work and whether they affect my skin, being the sensitive little skinned soul that I am.  However as I've sat down to write this review their website seems to be no longer available and there has not been much activity on their Facebook or Twitter pages.  However I decided to write my review anyway as I was really pleased with their products and my hope is that they are just taking a little downtime.



The first item I was sent was the Cashmere Caress Spa Soap with Lavender and it was nicely packaged in brown paper and blue string adding to it's rustic and natural feel.  This soap is completely natural and handmade with a selection of butters and oils that are great for your skin.  It even has real pieces of lavender in it giving it a lovely aroma and a slight grittiness to the soap which gives it it's exfoliating properties.  Now I'm never really a fan of soap bars as I find they tend to dry my skin out but this lathers up lovely and feels really moisturising.  Also when mixed with rose water lavender is meant to be a natural treatment for acne, as I don't really suffer from acne just the odd spot here and there I can't really comment on this but it could be a great natural remedy for acne sufferers.



The other product I was sent was the Merino Caress Body and Facial Cream.  Again it is made with all natural ingredients including calendula oil which is great for treating skin conditions such as acne and eczema.  It is a really thick and creamy moisturiser that really softens and smooths the skin.  Like the soap it has a strong lavender scent, so if you're not a fan of lavender this may not be the cream for you, but as lavender is known for aiding sleep and helping to relax and calm you this is a perfect cream for me.  I very often have trouble winding down at night and relaxing enough to sleep so this has become my go to night time moisturiser.  Now I'm not saying it's a miracle worker and makes me sleep like a baby but I have definitely noticed a difference in how relaxed I feel when I get into bed now.  As it is such a thick and creamy moisturiser, applying it at night also really gives it a chance to soak in and properly nourish the skin overnight.

Now I have discovered that they may no longer be trading I will be using both of these products very sparingly as I may not be able repurchase them.  It's sad but this is often the case with small local businesses, which is why I try to support them as much as I can.  I hope to see them back again soon but if not I'd love to hear if you have any similar recommendations for me to try once these run out.

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. These sound so good! I personally love the scent of lavender too :) Hopefully their website is just having a revamp or something :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's a real shame! Maybe they are just doing a rebrand or something - hope that is the case! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to invest in some natural, lavendar products - it always helps me sleep! :)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The body and facial cream sounds lovely. I have trouble relaxing at night too and find lavender does help somewhat, so it's definitely something I would have considered. It's a shame that the products don't seem to be available any more though.

    Sarah xo | PolkaDotLemon

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, those products look very lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice :) M&MFASHIONBITES mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice review. Too bad the company seems to have closed. I love natural cosmetics and I am exited to be able to present two new brands in the coming month on my blog. I love to try new organic beauty products and share my opinon about them so I can understand that you have been very happy about these two wonderful products :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a shame that the company has now closed, I hate it when that happens as you tend to find little gems in companies that are smaller as they take more time and effort into the production of their products!

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. a wonderful review!
    happy new week!

    <3, Kathrin
    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  10. These products seem so nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments :)

I read every single one and will always try to reply x

Subscribe